Under limited supervision, responsible for ensuring homes are ready for move-in and homeowners receive prompt response and resolution of their warranty repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
% of Time
1. Resolve homeowner warranty and non-warranty issues that are not standard and handled by the Customer Care Coordinators. Interface with vendors to resolve issues. Track cost of repairs, appointment dates, back charges, conversations, etc. on spreadsheets and database software.
2. Manage and train Customer Care Coordinators to respond appropriately and within Company guidelines to homeowners and Customer Care Reps. These include warrantable and non-warrantable concerns after the close of escrow.
3. Produce quarterly reports for field bonuses. Review open work order reports weekly to see if past due. Follow up to determine status and assist in resolving issues. Produce quarter-end reports, such as reoccurring issues, department work order completion, internal customer service survey, and additional reports as needed.
4. Initiate and draft correspondence to homeowners, vendors, insurance companies, and others. Track insurance claims and reimbursements. Notify Accounting of the status of insurance claims.
5. Notify homebuilder national survey companies (Eliant) of home closings. Receive scores from Eliant and put them into a spreadsheet to track and analyze data. Produce reports for upper management. Coordinate and participate in strategic planning meetings to produce methods to increase scores.
6. Manage Customer Care Representatives with resolving warranty issues.
7. Work on special projects as requested.
Other duties may be assigned.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree plus 7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Homebuilding experience required.
This position will supervise the Customer Care department staff including but not limited to the Customer Care Representatives and Customer Care Coordinators.
Supervisory responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities)
Productivity: Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality and safety.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; supports others’ efforts to succeed.
Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and high ethic; upholds organizational values.
Diversity: Promotes a harassment-free environment; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration.
Safety: Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; designs workflows and procedures
Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; demonstrates attention to detail
Project Management: Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Presentation Skills: Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; effective negotiation skills
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
Cost Consciousness: Uses the Company’s funds and resources appropriately; recommends cost-saving processes.
Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition.
Judgment: Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Motivation: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing: Manages time and prioritizes work to meet deadlines; able to multi-task with numerous interruptions.
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative ideas.
- Inclusion of Staff: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process implementation; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Gives authority to work independently; provides recognition for results
- Visionary Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management: Communicates changes effectively; prepares and supports those affected by the change.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Able to interpret bar graphs and pie charts.
Read/Analyze/Interpret: Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, policies, procedures, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Write: Able to write complex reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Speak: Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one, small and large group situations of customers, clients and employees of the organization, as well as top management and the general public, if required.
Microsoft Outlook: Open and reply to e-mails, open folders, set and reply to calendar appointments.
Microsoft Word: Basic skills necessary ie. Open documents, change fonts, copy text, create columns, check spelling, change margins, align text, set tabs
Microsoft Excel: Basic skills necessary ie. Begin formula, edit formulae, sort range, insert row, use SUM function, align text, preview worksheet, move between worksheets, go to cell, move formula, change column width
Other Skills: Database management software experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License Required.
Seldom: Stoop, kneel.
Occasionally: Stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,and lift up to 20#.
Frequently: Sit, use hands, talk, or hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is that of a normal office with moderate noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our team members abide by all COVID-19 protocol to ensure that we have a safe working environment for all our team members.