Under limited supervision, complete final inspections and walk-through of a completed home with the homeowner. Respond to homeowner’s warranty issues and ensure timely resolution of repairs and/or corrections after the sale of a home. Respond quickly to emergency repairs. Ensure homeowner satisfaction at future intervals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
% of Time
1. Respond timely to homeowner’s warranty issues in person. Review items and contact appropriate subcontractors to complete repairs. Follow up with homeowner on date of repair. When completed, inspect repairs. Have homeowner sign off for completion of work.
2. After Construction is complete, complete final inspection using a checklist and noting repairs and/or corrections still needed by Construction.
3. Perform walk-through and sign-off with the homeowner, ensuring that the home is complete and satisfactory to the buyer. Note any newly requested corrections and or repairs. Return in one week to ensure repairs complete to homeowner’s satisfaction.
4. Respond quickly to requests from homeowners for emergency repairs during working and non-working hours approximately a week every three months. Immediately go to the home and inspect the problem. Contact the subcontractor to resolve the emergency. Follow up with the homeowner to obtain sign-off.
5. Perform ongoing Warranty Assessment appointments to ensure homeowner satisfaction (i.e. at 15 days, 4 months, and 11 months).
6. Administrative duties including completing purchase order requests, 24-hour notices, backorder requests, etc.
Other duties may be assigned.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- High School (GED) plus 2-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of homebuilding experience required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities)
Productivity: Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality and safety.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; supports others’ efforts to succeed.
Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and high ethic; upholds organizational values.
Diversity: Promotes a harassment-free environment; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration.
Safety: Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; designs workflows and procedures
Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; demonstrates attention to detail
Project Management: Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Presentation Skills: Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; effective negotiation skills
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
Cost Consciousness: Uses the Company’s funds and resources appropriately; recommends cost-saving processes.
Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition.
Judgment: Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Motivation: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing: Manages time and prioritizes work to meet deadlines; able to multi-task with numerous interruptions.
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative ideas.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Able to interpret bar graphs and pie charts.
Read/Analyze/Interpret: Able to read, analyze, and interpret routine instructions, correspondence, policies, and procedures.
Write: Able to write routine reports, correspondence, and emails.
Speak: Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one, small and large group situations of customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
Microsoft Outlook: Open and reply to e-mails, open folders, set and reply to calendar appointments.
Microsoft Word: Basic skills necessary ie. Open documents, change fonts, copy text, create columns, check spelling, change margins, align text, set tabs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License Required.
Seldom: Sit, lift up to 50 lbs.
Occasionally: lift up to 25 lbs.
Frequently: stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seldom work near fumes or airborne particles, near toxic or caustic chemicals, exposed to the risk of electrical shock, or in a normal office environment; and occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
There are moderate to loud noises on this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our team members abide by all COVID-19 protocol to ensure that we have a safe working environment for all our team members.