Under limited supervision, directs overall site construction activities for assigned area. Supervises construction managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
% of Time
- Develop production schedules. Monitor schedules, critical paths for projects, trade contractor schedules, and cost control to ensure homes are completed on time and meet expected quality and profit levels. Design and implement checklists for inspection, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct on site inspections to insure production is meeting deadlines, quality, and other requirements. Audit trade contractors’ performance and quality or product.
- Review and approve final estimates prior to submission to buyers/owners or lending institutions. Sign contracts and coordinate legal aspects of construction.
- Establish standard construction methods, as well as operating procedures for managing cost control, change orders, trade contractors, quality control, etc.
- Work with Purchasing and Customer Service to ensure homeowners’ selections are installed within timeframes.
- Train staff in construction practices, materials, quality control standards, safety, and other procedures. Insure production is meeting current building codes, zoning ordinances, and other legal regulations.
- Ensure safety program is maintained and field safety training is conducted.
- Supervision of staff as per Supervisor Responsibilities below.
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- BA plus 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Homebuilding experience is required.
This position will supervise the construction staff.
Supervisory responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities)
Productivity: Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality and safety.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; supports others’ efforts to succeed.
Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Diversity: Promotes a harassment-free environment; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration.
Safety: Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; designs work flows and procedures.
Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; demonstrates attention to detail.
Project Management: Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Presentation Skills: Demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; effective negotiation skills.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
Cost Consciousness: Uses the Company’s funds and resources appropriately; recommends cost-saving processes.
Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition.
Judgment: Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Motivation: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing: Manages time and prioritizes work to meet deadlines; able to multi-task with numerous interruptions.
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative ideas.
- Inclusion of Staff: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process implementation; Makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; gives authority to work independently; provides recognition for results.
- Visionary Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management: Communicates changes effectively; prepares and supports those affected by change.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Able to interpret bar graphs and pie charts. Able to calculate proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Read/Analyze/Interpret: Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, policies, procedures, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Write: Able to write complex reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Speak: Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one, small and large group situations of customers, clients and employees of the organization, as well as top management and the general public, if required.
MicroSoft Outlook: Open and reply to e-mails, open folders, set and reply to calendar appointments.
Word - Basic Skills: Open document, change font, copy text, create columns, check spelling, change margin, align text, set tabs.
Excel - Basic Skills: Begin formula, edit formula, sort range, insert row, Use SUM function, align text, preview worksheet, move between worksheets, go to cell, move formula, change column width.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Drivers’ License Required.
Seldom: Climb, balance, or lift up to 30 lbs.
Occasionally: Reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, or lift up to 20 lbs.
Frequently: Stand, walk, use hands, talk, hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently work in outdoor weather conditions with loud noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our team members abide by all COVID-19 protocol to ensure that we have a safe working environment for all our team members.