Tim Lewis Communities (Nevada) Inc. is a homebuilder with more than 30 years of experience crafting homes of solid value and exceptional appeal for hundreds of satisfied homeowners.
We are looking for an individual to fill our Land Acquisition opening in Reno, NV.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will possess the following experience and skills:
- Carry out market research to identify new project sites.
- Research land parcels in areas designated by Company to include reviewing assessor parcel maps, contacting title companies, local real estate agents, city and county planning departments, various software programs and property owners, and drive the target market for meetings and opportunities.
- Conduct project feasibility and prepare feasibility binders for purchase or no purchase decisions. This includes assessing permit and development costs, market studies and new home pricing graphs, comparable land sales, entitlement and environmental constraints, etc.
- Negotiate option and/or purchase terms with property owners and brokers.
- Draft letters of intent and/or assist attorney in drafting option or purchase documents.
- Establish and maintain relations with other builders, developers, land brokers, owners, political and governmental officials, and title companies.
- Interface with local, State, and Federal governing agencies throughout the acquisition process including participation and presentation at various board and council meetings.
- Work with the Director of Land to hire consultants to conduct environmental studies, civil engineering, and soil testing during the project feasibility and after the close, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
Must have a Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities)
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with internal team members, external agencies and municipalities, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem-solving, prioritizing abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
Come join a successful and growing company with a team of dedicated professionals! Tim Lewis Communities (Nevada) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply by submitting resume and cover letter below.
Our team members abide by all COVID-19 protocol to ensure that we have a safe working environment for all our team members.