Tim Lewis Communities is currently hiring for a Director of Land Development. If you are interested in joining a well-established company with a footprint in Northern California building exquisite homes and developing communities where people want to raise their families, then this may be the position for you. We value cohesive teamwork, and we reward generously for stellar performance. If this is appealing to you, then look no further than Tim Lewis Communities because we are searching for someone that has the industry experience and values that we value such as, building beautiful homes, collaborating with team members, and possessing a strong work ethic. The Director of Land Development will need to work effectively with engineers, land planners, governmental agencies, contractors, and landowners to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all off-site development activities which include, reviews projects that TLC may purchase, manages processes to get necessary approvals, manages engineer's work, bids, and awards contracts to subcontractors, and ensures developments come in on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with leadership team members to verify costs and accuracy of development schedules.
- Manage bond exonerations and plan archiving for all land development plans, documents.
- Perform all aspects of the contract process, including preparing scopes of work, invitations to bid, bid lists, accurate takeoffs, bid negotiation, awarding of the contract, and management of change orders.
- Reviews and tracks all offsite plans, including grading, sewer, water, storm drain, streets, walls (freestanding and retaining), fencing, slope landscape, and model complexes. Coordinates design to meet budget and schedule with Civil Engineers, Landscape Architects, Geotechnical Engineers, and Structural Engineers. Review and recommend changes/value engineering to ensure projects are built at the most cost-effective means and all design requirements are met for construction.
- Performs site supervision at multiple projects to include excavation, earthmoving, installation of utilities, construction of storm drains, streets, landscaping, and any other services specific to the site. Prepare construction schedule and manage construction within the timeline, providing updates when necessary.
- Initiates, tracks and maintains all development budgets including coordination with Forward Planning and Accounting to track and correct errors/inaccurate information. Works to ensure timely processing of all offsite plans. Manages schedules with input from Forward Planning to accurately report construction start and completion dates.
- Assure all OSHA, health and safety guidelines are followed for the safety of employees, trade partners, and customers. Responsible for oversight of Erosion Control Plan/SWPPP book, NOI/WDID # in conjunction with project management. Responsible for ongoing SWPPP compliance including BMP installation, map updates for communities.
- Coordinate contractors and inspectors for the completion of land development milestones.
- Inspect job sites for quality control throughout construction by instructing staff and meeting with consultants and trade partners.
- Create and follows cash flow projections for all projects. Reviews and approves all change orders, invoices and addendums.
- Produce accurate daily and weekly progress reports for management review
- Maintains all approvals and permissions to proceed regarding permitting. Coordinates with on-site superintendents for compliance with all regulatory rules and requirements.
- Manages bonds. Tracks and accumulates necessary information to facilitate exonerations in a timely manner. Works with Offsite Superintendents to expedite bond releases and punch list completions.
- May supervise land development team members and the scope and quality of their work.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a focus in Land Development OR equivalent years of experience in land development with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, and/or Construction Management OR Minimum 7 years of relevant demonstrated experience in Land Development in the home building industry OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understand residential building industry, municipality building codes, regulations, construction plans, and maps and must have a clear understanding of subcontractor’s duties and knowledge of soil conditions, grading, and survey.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities)
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with internal team members, external agencies and municipalities, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem-solving, prioritizing abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
If you are interested in working for an outstanding homebuilder and have a desire to be a part of growing our company, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter below for immediate consideration.
Our team members abide by all COVID-19 protocol to ensure that we have a safe working environment for all our team members.