Under general supervision, responsible for month end close process of multiple companies including affiliate billing and payment, preparation of monthly financial statements and lead schedules, job costing, daily cash management including bank reconciliations and deposits, preliminary notice and joint check tracking, land acquisition transaction tracking and maintenance, some accounts payable review, coding, and posting, and financial reporting to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
% of Time
- Perform month end close duties including the preparation of recurring and non-recurring adjusting journal entries to ensure conformity with GAAP or Management Accounting. Prepare lead sheets for all balance sheet accounts and generate monthly close binders for review by Assistant Controller and/or Controller.
- Prepare GAAP based financial statements including but not limited to a balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, equity roll forward, and other supplemental statements as requested.
- Prepare consolidating eliminating journal entries.
- Prepare month end reports to management including cash flow by project and 3rd party debt schedules.
- Compares budget to actual financial results and provide details on variances. Research and provide explanations as necessary.
- Daily cash management including deposits, wires to and from title, ACH withdrawals and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare sales journals for closed homes within 48 hours of recordation.
- Tax return review consisting of reconciliation to book results and ticking and tying all numbers to supporting documentation.
- Performs accounts payable function for affiliate billings (reviewing, coding, and posting).
- Other duties that may include fixed asset management, new company set up, new bank account set-up, builder’s exemption filings, property tax assessments, documenting policies and procedures.
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- College Degree plus 2 years related experience.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities)
- Productivity: Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality and safety.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
- Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; supports others’ efforts to succeed.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Diversity: Promotes a harassment-free environment; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration.
- Safety: Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; designs work flows and procedures
- Project Management: Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Cost Consciousness: Uses the Company’s funds and resources appropriately; recommends cost-saving processes.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Judgment: Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing: Manages time and prioritizes work to meet deadlines; able to multi-task with numerous interruptions.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Able to interpret bar graphs and pie charts.
- Read/Analyze/Interpret: Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, policies, procedures, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Write: Able to write routine reports, correspondence, and e-mails.
- Speak: Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations of customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Microsoft Outlook: Open and reply to e-mails, open folders, set and reply to calendar appointments.
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate Skills: Basic skills plus convert text to table, change page orientation, align table, insert page break, add page numbering, create bulleted list, sort list, create merge form letter, insert merge field, run merge, print labels and envelopes
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced Skills: Basic and intermediate skills plus apply style, create chart or graph, change graph or chart style, add chart title, create scenario, pivot tables, link data, record macro, run macro.
- Other - Database management experience highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Seldom climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, lift 15 lbs.
- Frequently sit, use hands, talk or hear
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a normal office environment with moderate noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our team members abide by all COVID-19 protocol to ensure that we have a safe working environment for all our team members.