We’re excited to announce the following opportunity to join the Tim Lewis Communities Team! If you are interested in joining a thriving, quality homebuilding company with a fun and innovative team, take a look at the position description and apply at the link below!
Now Hiring A Purchasing Agent In Roseville, California
Tim Lewis Communities is a homebuilder with more than 30 years of experience crafting homes of solid value and exceptional appeal for hundreds of satisfied homeowners.
We are looking for a Purchasing Agent with 3+ years’ experience working in the homebuilding or related industry.
Successful applicant will possess the following experience and skills:
- Reviews blueprints and determines specifications and scopes of work. Solicits subcontractor bids. Collects and analyzes bids and selects top candidates based on construction, customer service ratings, and pricing. Negotiates the pricing to meet company budgets.
- Collects, reviews, and processes contractual paperwork for signatures using DocuSign. Processes new construction releases by entering data into database and generating requisitions for payment. Ensures authorized vendor list is kept updated. Checks vendor references.
- Collects, monitors, and updates vendor insurance records to ensure all vendors have current general liability, workers compensation, and auto insurance. Contacts architectural firms to provide plans to consultants. Ensures consultants send completed submittal packages and provide to Construction Department. Collects EMR’s, and contractor’s licenses from vendors.
- Resolves subcontractor issues, such as delay in product delivery, change in specifications, or other modifications.
- Seeks out cost savings through value engineering—evaluates other products that provide the same quality at reduced prices and inputs information into spreadsheet.
- Creates Excel spreadsheets for budgeting purposes. Input updates to budgets.
- Sources and pre-qualify new subcontractors.
- Home Builder, Land Development, Real Estate, or other related experience is a plus
- Database software experience with Timberline and/or Pharaoh preferred
- Database conversion experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Other duties as assigned
Come join a successful and growing company with a team of dedicated professionals! Tim Lewis Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.