It’s the first week of Spring! There are a tremendous amount of family activities to do in Reno. Whether you are interested in snow activities or spending some time in a museum, there are endless opportunities. Read through our list of fun activities to do in Reno this spring.
- Mt. Ski Resort: Don’t miss a snow day! Grab your snow gear and head out to this beautiful mountain with 8,260 ft elevation which is the perfect spot for fresh powder. Teach your little ones how to ski or snowboard. The trip will take you about 32 minutes to reach the mountain from Reno!
- The Discovery: The Discovery features 67,000 square foot science museum with special exhibits. This museum is great for all ages and focuses on science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Discover a creative learning experience for you and your family.
- Hall of Heroes: This exhibit at Wilbur D. May Museum brings out your inner superhero, crime fighter and spy traits! Check out this deeply engaging exhibit where the stations allow you to test your skills and discover your superpowers! The event is running currently through April 22nd, 2018.
- Rancho San Rafael Park: This regional park features several different walking trails to enjoy with your family and your animals! Take in the peaceful nature as you walk or hike around this beautiful park.
- The Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest: Is the largest national forest in the lower 48 states covering 6.3 million acres! There are a ton of family things to do at this national forest – there are several hiking options or settle in for a few days and camp. Just a quick 45 minutes from Reno!
- Washoe Golf Course: Take the family on a day adventure to the Washoe Golf Course. This golf course offers lessons, tournaments, driving range, and 18 hole course! Take in the fresh spring air walking along the greens!
- Coconut Bowl at Wild Island Family Adventure Park: Although this park is known for its water slide park, they do have year-round events including bowling! Every night at 5:30 pm the bowling alley comes alive with an art and music show while you bowl!
- Boomtown Fun Center: Boomtown Fun Center features 30,000 square feet of adventurous games and exciting prizes! This place is awesome for the entire family. Try out the carousel, ferris wheel, or the flight simulator.
There are many family things in Reno to do this spring! Tim Lewis Communities is excited to build homes in Reno, Nevada and currently has two communities open for viewing – Contact us for a tour of Whispering Canyon at Caughlin Ranch and Whites Creek at Monte Vista!