Meet the Tim Lewis Communities Management Team
Jay Timothy Lewis
President and Founder
Tim Lewis built Tim Lewis Communities from the ground up. He started with an accounting degree and two lots. Those first two lots turned into four, then eleven, then thirty-two. The company grew organically, with Tim Lewis playing every role in the company’s early days. From the beginning Tim recognized that he wasn’t just building houses, he was building homes. Tim Lewis Communities is selective about where it builds its communities. Tim wants to make sure his communities are built near good schools and amenities. Tim’s commitment to building the best homes shaped the company’s commitment to providing the highest-quality products, custom-tailored for the families that call them home.
Chief Financial Officer
Tina Cruce has been a member of the Tim Lewis Communities management team since 2002. Tina is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (inactive) with 20 years experience in finance and homebuilding. Her expertise includes developing new lender relations and financial sources, administrating company’s insurance plans and risk management program and managing overall corporate office operations including HR and Design Studio. Prior to joining Tim Lewis Communities, Tina was the Regional Director of Finance for International Fiber Com, Inc. and Senior Associate for Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLP. Tina began her career with Kaufman and Broad Home Corporation in Accounting and Forward Planning as an Operations Coordinator. Tina holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy from California State University, Sacramento.
Director of Land, Greater Sacramento Area
Rich joined the Tim Lewis Communities team in 2012. Rich has over 25 years experience managing all facets of real estate acquisitions, negotiations, entitlement, development and leases. Rich’s expertise includes project feasibility analysis, construction management and contract negotiations. Prior to joining Tim Lewis Communities, Rich was Vice President of Acquisition and Planning for K. Hovnanian Homes, Sacramento and Senior Vice President at Forecast Homes, Sacramento. Rich has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business administration from California State University, Sacramento and a MBA from Santa Clara University. Rich has been a member of the Political Action Committee for the North State Building Industry Association and a committee member for Run to Feed the Hungry for the Sacramento Food Bank.
Director of Land, Bay Area
Jim joined the Tim Lewis Communities team in 2011. Jim has over 25 years of real estate acquisition, negotiations, entitlements, development, financing, and construction and disposition experience. Jim’s strong background in land acquisition includes work in many of the major markets in the Western States and strong relationships with financial institutions. Prior to joining Tim Lewis Communities, Jim was with Toll Brothers Inc. here he advanced from Land Acquisition Manager to Senior Vice President for Land Acquisition in Northern California. There he acquired and secured entitlements on multiple land parcels comprising over 2,000 lots. Jim is a licensed Real Estate Broker in the state of California and Nevada.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Linda has been a member of the Tim Lewis Communities team since 2005. Linda is responsible for all aspects of the sales team and marketing efforts for the company including strategic product pricing and positioning, web-site development and model merchandising in both California and Nevada. Linda has over 25 years experience in Real Estate and homebuilding with both medium sized private builders and large public builders. Prior to joining Tim Lewis Communities, Linda was Vice President of Sales for Beazer Homes and Vice President of Sales and Marketing for US Home/Lennar Corporation where she lead her sales teams in record profit years for both companies. Linda was named Sales and Marketing Director of the Year in 2002 and was honored as a graduate of the Building Industry Association of No. California’s Leadership Development Program in 2004. Linda has served on the Northern California Building Industry Association’s Sales and Marketing Counsel. Linda holds a California Real Estate License and a Nevada Salesperson/Broker license. Linda supports Volunteers of America annual membership breakfast as a Community Captain.
Director of Purchasing
Director of Operations
To Your Community
We believe in building healthy, flourishing communities and take our social responsibility seriously. That’s why we’re proud to be a certified California Green Builder. We use the latest energy efficiency technology to build green homes while conserving our natural resources.
Tim Lewis has been a major contributor to several local charities including:
Your Award-Winning Home Builder
- 2015 Community of the Year – Vista Ridge – North State BIA
- 2015 Best Interior Design – Crowne Point (The Meadowlark) – North State BIA
- 2015 Best Radio Spot – North State BIA
- 2015 Best of Roseville Awards – Real Estate Developer
- 2014 Best Radio Spot – North State BIA
- 2012 Best New Home Design under 1 Million – Builders Association of Northern Nevada
- 2012 Best Outdoor Lifestyle – Builders Association of Northern Nevada
- 2012 Best Marketing Campaign – Builders Association of Northern Nevada
- 2008 Ranked #1 New-Home Builder in Sacramento for Overall Customer Satisfaction – J.D. Power and Associates 2008 New-Home Builder Customer Satisfaction Study(SM)
- 2008 Ranked #1 New-Home Builder in Sacramento for New-Home Design – J.D. Power and Associates 2008 New-Home Design Study(SM)
- 2007 Builder of the Year – Overall Satisfaction and Overall Home Quality (Single Division, Large-Volume Builders) – Eliant Homebuyers’ Choice Award 2007
- 2007 Ranked #1 New-Home Builder in Sacramento for Overall Customer Satisfaction – J.D. Power and Associates 2007 New-Home Builder Customer Satisfaction Study(SM)
- 2007 Ranked #1 New-Home Builder in Sacramento for New-Home Design – J.D. Power and Associates 2007 New-Home Design Study(SM)
- 2007 Ranked #2 New-Home Builder in Sacramento for New-Home Quality – J.D. Power and Associates 2007 New-Home Quality Study(SM)
- 2006 Ranked #2 New-Home Builder in Sacramento for Overall Customer Satisfaction – J.D. Power and Associates 2006 New-Home Builder Customer Satisfaction Study(SM)
- 2006 Excellence in Safety Chairman’s Award of Merit – Safety Center Inc. (January)
- 2005 Ranked #1 Nationwide for Customer Service – Eliant Customer Service Survey (December)
- 2005 Ranked #1 in the Sacramento/Northern California region for Home Quality – Eliant Home Quality Survey (December)
- 2005 Builder of the Year – North State BIA
- 2003 Best Architectural Design – Crystal Ridge (The Castilla) – BIA
- 2003 Best Architectural Design – Crystal Ridge (The Verona) – BIA
- 2000 Community of the Year Award – Palisades – BIA
- 2000 Best Architectural Design – The Classics at Empire Ranch – BIA
- 1997 Community Design Excellence Award – BIA
- 1997 Best Architectural Design – The Classics at Gold Country – BIA
- 1997 Community of the Year Award – The Classics at Gold Country – BIA