We may be biased, but it seems that when the subject of newly constructed homes vs. existing homes comes up, the opinions are always in favor of the newly constructed homes. As a matter of fact, Trulia’s latest survey on the subject showed that twice as many people prefer new homes to existing homes when thinking of buying a house.
We think the benefits and perks of purchasing a newly constructed home far outweigh those of an existing home. Why is this? Here are just a few of the advantages we can speak to:
- No need to budget for upkeep. Everything is NEW! Your appliances, your roof, your floors, your plumbing…everything! And all that newness comes with warranties. It should be years before you have to budget for maintenance.
- You get to choose your design package. Have you always dreamed of the perfectly colored, granite island for your kitchen? Are you imagining the perfect getaway in your own spa-like bathroom? With a newly constructed home, you get to work with a design team to create your perfect space.
- Turnkey move in! Everything is done, clean and perfectly gleaming and it’s waiting for you to simply move in. No need to move in and begin the list of upgrades to make.
- You have a team to direct any questions or concerns to. When purchasing a newly constructed home, you have a team who are just a phone call or click away. Your sales agent and the builder’s website have all the info you need to direct you to the proper solutions and answers. No headaches of wondering who to call with a question.
- Newly constructed homes are, naturally, more energy efficient than existing homes. Standards for energy efficiency are always being improved. A newly constructed home meets or beats these standards. An existing home may need many upgrades to meet the current standards.
- The building process is clearly laid out for you to follow, eliminating uncertainty. At Tim Lewis Communities, we’ve broken the home building process into 8 steps that can be easily explained as we go.
Come tour one of our Northern California or Nevada communities to see what our new homes offer you and your family. Our sales agents are ready to take you through our semi-custom models and to answer your questions. We think you’ll agree that one of our newly constructed houses is the perfect place to call Home.