To buy or not to buy? A good question, especially when it comes to making a decision about buying a new home! A home is often the largest purchase in a person’s lifetime, which is why it’s so important to consider all your options before making that big decision. Do you buy a new home or an an existing home? When is the best time to buy a home? While we don’t pretend to have all the answers, we do believe there are some steadfast benefits for you to consider buying a new home at the end of the year.
A 2014 Trulia study revealed that “41% of Americans would prefer to buy a newly built home over a previously-lived-in home”. Those same people stated that their reasons for buying a new home range from having modern features and being able to customize their home, to living in a newly developed neighborhood and being the first to live in the home.
At Tim Lewis Communities, we have you in mind from the moment we purchase the land to every last detail of each home and community we build. We select the most energy efficient appliances, make environmentally-friendly building decisions, ensure each house has the latest and greatest in home technology, and so much more. These are only a few of the reasons we believe buying a new home at the year’s end is so beneficial to you:
- Tax Savings: The end of the year is a great time to consider your personal financial goals for the current and coming years. Did you know that if you close on buying a new home by December 31, you will be able to benefit from significant tax savings such as deducting mortgage interest, property taxes, points on your loan and interest costs? Additionally, new home buyers may be able to take advantage of mortgage financing perks.
- Energy Efficiency: Green home building and practices are our passion, from energy-efficient appliances and home systems to insulation and solar. New construction materials and new appliances mean potentially lower utility bills, and who doesn’t like saving money?!
- New Technology: Our new homes are equipped with the latest “smart home” technology to ensure you’ll have an innovative home. Plus, having the latest technology built in means you save lots of time, money and holes in the walls!
- Choices: By being a part of the process of designing your new home, you’ll be able to customize color and texture and other key elements to ensure that your new home reflects your style. Best of all, you don’t have to lift a finger, paintbrush, or hammer!
- Design: The design of your new home is yet another opportunity for customization. Take advantage of today’s hottest design trends, choose your home’s layout and create a living space that is uniquely yours.
- Warranty: We are committed to the highest integrity in the industry and our customers’ satisfaction is our highest priority. In addition to energy efficiency and eco-friendly, everything in your new home will require less maintenance, thus saving you more money. With our warranty, you will have the peace of mind knowing that you’ll be covered for years before needing to undertake any major repairs.
- Location, Location, Location: We take great care in choosing the location of our communities to ensure that your new home is built near top-rated schools, the best trails and parks, and convenient shopping and dining, while also providing proximity to the easiest commute routes.
Buying a new home is a major and exciting life decision, and the end of the year is a great time to consider a new start. We have exceptional new homes in communities throughout California and Nevada, and we’d love for you to stop by and take a tour, so we can help you take advantage of the benefits of buying a new home!